Amplify Publishing Grant 2023
Publication charges can be a barrier to the participation of underrepresented communities in STEM journals. Reducing such barriers may improve diversity and address inequalities in existing society and academic systems. This grant is designed to reduce a paywall barrier by providing a one-time opportunity for authors who self-identify as Black to benefit from publication in an Optica Publishing Group Open-Access journal. The goal is to increase the visibility of contributions from Black scientists and engineers that may otherwise have gone unpublished, or have been published in a subscription journal due to financial constraints.
To be eligible for this grant, an author must:
- Identify as Black
- Have an article accepted for publication in an Optica Publishing Group Open-Access Journal (Biomedical Optics Express, Optica, Optical Materials Express, Optics Continuum (formerly OSA Continuum), or Optics Express)
- Individuals may only receive this grant one time.
- Qualifying authors will have their open access Article Processing Charges (APCs) fully covered.
- Recipients may be featured on optica.org and other outlets to help raise the visibility of scientifically significant contributions from Black scientists to the field of optics.
To apply: you must be logged in to be able to access these benefits.
- Click 'log in' at the top right of this screen
- You will be presented with two options:
- Optica Account
- Preferred login method. Use if you have an Optica account.
- You can also easily create an Optica account at no cost.
- SurveyMonkey Apply Account
- Use if you do not have an Optica Account
- Optica Account
- Once logged in, you'll be brought to your personal homepage where any of your active applications will be. If you don't have any, you won't see any.
- To find the program you want to apply for:
- Click 'Programs' at the top right of the screen
- Search for the program and click 'More'
- Read the description and if interested, click 'Apply'
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.